Sometimes in life, you are reminded of such things, as I was this morning when I pulled out a FORK to eat my cereal. You look at what’s in your hand, and you realize, “This isn’t going to work.” You chuckle at yourself, get out the right tool for the job, and then you can enjoy your breakfast without the milk leaking through the fork tines.
You see, that’s the problem. The fork has “holes” in it, and stuff leaks out.
Think about your life and business. Are you losing some of the really important stuff because you’re using a fork?
- Are you losing money because you don’t have a budget or a way to track it?
- Are you losing time because you don’t use a calendar, to do list, and perhaps a timer to stay focused?
- Are you losing efficiencies because you’re using something like a Commodore 64 to operate your business? Yes, I’m old enough to remember those!
- Are you losing business because your clients are falling into the abyss of unread email?
- Are you losing special times with loved ones because you’re too busy stabbing at life with a fork when you should be scooping it up with a spoon?
Something to think about as you eat your morning cereal. Oh, and do yourself a favor…USE A SPOON!
P.S. If you find typos in this blog, please refer to sentence #1.